In this article learn about How to Get a PayPal Card. How to get a PayPal card can be a little confusing because PayPal doesn’t actually offer a physical card of their own, they work with Mastercard and Visa on the backend. Despite this lack of not technically offering a card of their own, there are still options for you to receive the benefits that come with owning an actual credit/debit card which can be used wherever those cards are accepted.
In order to get a PayPal card, you need to have a verified PayPal account. You can verify your account by verifying your identity with two forms of ID and linking it with a bank account or debit card. It’s also important that you have at least $1 in your bank account or debit card linked to your PayPal account. Once you’ve done all this, you can request a new card from the company by following these steps:
The application for this type of credit card is usually done through any bank that offers this service, but if you have an account with PayPal then it’s possible to apply for the PayPal Extras Mastercard directly from PayPal.
- To start the application process, go to https://www.paypal/ca/webapps/mpp/credit-card. On the left side you will see ” How do I apply? “, click on it to get started. You will need to log into your PayPal account before continuing or creating one if you haven’t got one yet.
- On the next page, you will have to fill out some personal information.
- Enter in your name, email address, and zip code. Then choose a password and enter the security captcha.
- Next, you will need to create a profile which is your basic information such as full name, date of birth, phone number, and home address.
- The next step is where you apply for the card itself. Enter in your social insurance number (optional) if not then leave it blank, select an existing credit card from the drop-down menu or add a new one from there, enter in any additional details that are required to verify the account. Once this is done click on ” I agree to the Terms ” and you can apply for the card.
- Clicking on continue will direct you to PayPal’s online application form. Fill in your information, select how you would like your monthly payments billed (to PayPal or credit card) then choose a security question and enter in an answer.
- Once all that is done click submit! Your application might be instantaneously approved or take up to 30 days depending on their policies, but either way, should only take a few minutes of your time to get it done!
PayPal cards can be used just like any other debit card and you can use them to make purchases in stores, withdraw cash from an ATM, pay bills, and more.
What is a PayPal Card and What is the Purpose of it?
As a cardholder of PayPal, you may know that the company is not affiliated with any credit or debit cards. That means that your funds are not connected to bank accounts or other financial institutions.
With the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard®, however, it’s possible to manage and spend your money as easily as if it were connected to a checking account. How? Simply make purchases from merchants who accept credit payments from debit cards – meaning those businesses where you typically swipe your usual plastic before signing for the purchase. As soon as you make a purchase using this prepaid MasterCard, your balance is immediately updated.
For online shopping, meanwhile, simply login to PayPal and use the same login credentials at checkout on websites such as Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, and Zappos.com. These sites will only know that you’re a PayPal customer; they won’t know about your debit card or bank account information. So if you run out of funds, simply add more money to the PayPal prepaid MasterCard and keep on shopping online!
The same principle applies to brick-and-mortar establishments as well: just pay with this card at your favorite stores and restaurants – anywhere where you swipe for purchases with credit cards. How it works is simple: when making an in-person purchase, hand over your PayPal Prepaid MasterCard as payment instead of any other plastic you might have tucked into your wallet or purse (e.g., debit or credit cards).
You’ll need to know the card’s 16-digit number, along with your 4-digit PIN. This number and PIN are located on the back of the PayPal MasterCard prepaid debit card. For added security, enter this information when asked for payment at checkout counters in stores or restaurants.
Customers across the globe can order this card for free through PayPal. How much money do you need to set up an account? $0! You’ll only be charged after making a purchase – which is also free of additional fees if you choose not to use your PayPal Prepaid MasterCard straightaway (e.g., leave it alone for 90 days).
There are, however, certain limitations associated with how much money you may spend each day using this debit card:
- In the US, you may not spend more than $750 per day.
- In the UK, this limit is set at £250 per day.
- For all other countries listed on PayPal’s website, your daily spending limit with this card is reportedly “up to €2500,” depending on your residence in a particular country and where you’re making purchases in person and online.
You can learn more about these limits by visiting the Prepaid MasterCard website. As for replenishing funds when necessary: it’s simple. You can add money to your PayPal prepaid MasterCard using the same login credentials used to create your account in the first place (e.g., Type in PayPal.com and log in with your email address and password).
You’ll have a number of choices for funding your new PayPal debit card – including direct deposit, using a prepaid Visa or MasterCard debit card from another bank account, and purchasing a one-time reload PIN through Walmart. How much money will you need to add? As with spending limits, there are certain limitations associated with adding funds:
In the US, for example, you may use any of the following methods to add money :
- A direct deposit from your checking or savings account (must be completed within 10 days).
- A transfer of cash between PayPal accounts (for instance, if you’d like to “borrow” money from any existing balance in order to make purchases without having first funded your PayPal Prepaid MasterCard).
- A transfer of cash to your PayPal account from a prepaid debit card issued by another bank (however, you can only do this once every 12 months).