Sending money through PayPal is a way to move cash from one account to another. It’s similar to writing a check, but it transfers online. You can use this service as well as your bank or credit card account balance.
How to Send Money in a Few Different Ways with PayPal
How to Pay for a Purchase in a Store with a PayPal Account
To pay for a purchase in a store with your PayPal account, open the PayPal app on your phone or go to paypal.com. Log into your PayPal account, then follow these steps:
- Tap the Wallet icon near the bottom of the screen.
- Select “My Account.”
- Scroll down to and select “Add debit card” if you don’t already have one added to this PayPal account. If you do, continue on to Step 4.
- Enter the number on the debit card attached to your PayPal account, which is located at the back of your card above your barcode.
- Confirm that it’s right and tap Next done. You can also add a credit card to pay for your PayPal transactions, but it’s not necessary.
- Confirm your debit or credit card details are correct and tap Confirm when you’re done.
- Enter the amount of money you want to pay within your PayPal account into the text box in the lower-left corner.
- Select “Pay” in the upper right-hand corner once you’re finished entering information about your purchase. That’s it! You’ve just made a payment using only your phone number and PayPal account by paying directly from this account instead of handing someone cash. No need to hand over any plastic at all!
How to Send Money Using Your PayPal Account for Personal Use
You’ve probably sent money through PayPal at some point in time for a friend to buy something or if you send your virtual currency payments to another player.
But what about sending money to yourself? There are times when you may need to send money back to yourself, perhaps because someone paid you too much (or not enough), or maybe there’s simply an overpayment situation. Either way, knowing how to send money using your PayPal account is important.
This article will show you step-by-step how to send money using your PayPal account for personal use. So let’s get started!
- Step 1: Log into Your PayPal Account
The first step is to log into your PayPal account. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can create one by visiting paypal.com. The log-in process varies depending on the type of device you’re using, so consult the user guide or manual for your computer or mobile device if you need help to log in. Once logged in, navigate to the personal tab (below), not the business.
- Step 2: Navigate To The Personal Tab Under Accounts & Balances
Once logged into the website, click the Personal link at top of the page then select Accounts & Settings from the drop-down menu.
Once you have selected Accounts & Settings from the drop-down menu, click the Add Money button.
- Step 3: Insert “Your E-mail Address” In The First Field
In the send money to box type in your PayPal registered email address then hit send money now. If you want to send money to a friend or family member, simply type their email address into this field instead of yours and send it away! You can send up to $10,000 per transaction for personal use.
If any errors occur during send process, they will appear here before getting the final send status completion.
- Step 4: PayPal Sends A Unique Transaction Code To Your Email Address
Next, PayPal sends a unique code as an email to the email address you used in Step 2. That’s it! Giving anyone this code is all you need to send them money (you can send up to $10,000 per transaction)!
- Step 5: Follow The On-Screen Instructions
When your recipient gets the unique transaction code, they simply follow the instructions under send money to friends and family section of this page. Once they send the money, PayPal will send you an email with their first name (useful for knowing who sent money if there are multiple senders). Additionally, after 24 hours have passed, PayPal sends both sender and receiver another notification telling them who paid whom – very useful if someone tries to dispute the payment by claiming they never received it!
Why You Should Consider Using PayPal Rather Than Bank Transfers or Wire Transfers?
A bank transfer or wire transfer is the bank transferring money directly to another bank account. This can take some time, up to 3 days! PayPal on the other hand allows you to send and receive money almost instantly.
The fees for bank transfers or wire transfers are also very high compared with PayPal’s fees which are fixed at just 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction (for international bank transfers this is higher). By using PayPal you will be saving yourself a lot of money!
Another big benefit of PayPal is that your purchase cannot be reversed by the seller like it can if you make a bank transfer or use Western Union where there is no protection for either party in case the seller does not send you the item. Also, bank transfers and Western Union cash transfers can often take days to go through which is a huge disadvantage in online transactions when time is of the essence!
You should always use PayPal when transferring money on eBay or any other website where it says “Sellers Only Accept PayPal.” However, if say it only says bank transfer, you could still sneakily pay with PayPal because most websites will not distinguish between bank transfers and payments via PayPal.